Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Nobody's really seen my million subtleties" - Ashlee Simpson - Autobiography

One of my weaknesses is surveys. I see a survey, I have to fill it out. I can't help it! Maybe it is just because I like to talk about myself. Who knows.

Upon catching up on the blogs I follow, I saw one of them (http://wildmagnolia9.blogspot.com/) mentioning something called the Proust Questionnaire. Turns out, Marcel Proust was like me on the survey bit. In the early 1800s it was the cool thing to do to fill out surveys and talk about yourself.

So, because I have not done one in a while, I thought I would share some of it on my blog.


*Your most marked characteristic?

The general consensus seems to be that I'm a bit of a realist. Some call it pessimism, but most people realize its realism. Also, I prove to be extremely giving, but I'm not very nice.


*The quality you like most in a man?

It it vitally important to me that a man be honest and loyal. He must also be confident in himself and stick to his guns- not let anyone manipulate him.

*The quality you like most in a woman?

Again, Honesty. But faith in others is another quality that should be held. Women have a tendency to dislike other women, and it turns into this vicious cycle.


*What do you value most in your friends?

Honesty! I want friends who will tell me the truth, and I want friends who will stick by me through the hard times.


*What is your principle defect?

My tendency to not get past the small stuff. I tend to over re-act. A lot.


*What is your favorite occupation?

Writing and/or reading.


*What is your dream of happiness?

One where I can get over some of my personal boundaries.


*What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?

Not having the mother, and maternal family, that I have.


*What would you like to be?

Calmer and less reactive.


*In what country would you like to live?

I'm generally good with this one for now.


*What is your favorite color?

Purple!


*What is your favorite flower?

Purple Iris.


*What is your favorite bird?

Hmm. I dont have one.


*Who are your favorite prose writers?

Shakespeare is my all time fave!!


*Who are your favorite poets?

O'Neill, Donne, Shakespeare


*Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

John McClain from the Die Hard movies!

*Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?

Jo March in Little Women, because she knows what she wants and she goes for it

*Who are your favorite composers?

Beethoven

*Who are your favorite painters?

I'm more in to photography than paintings, but some amazing pieces came from the renaissance time period.

*Who are your heroes in real life?

My mother and my mamaw.

*Who are your favorite heroines of history?

Joan of Arc is pretty awesome.

*What are your favorite names?

It changes frequently

*What is it you most dislike?

Dishonesty.

*What historical figures do you most despise?

Hitler!

*What event in military history do you most admire?

None...

*What natural gift would you most like to posses?

Inner peace... the ability to control my emotions

*How would you like to die?

Peacefully in my sleep, and hopefully an old lady

*What is your present state of mind?

I really cant get past how cold I am right now

*To what faults do you feel most indulgent?

my favorite foods happen to be not very good for me

*What is your motto?

Everything happens for a reason, and if it's meant to happen it will happen




Fun times!
I must now try to go thaw out... I'm having a hard time typing with my cold jitters.




No comments:

Post a Comment