Thursday, January 28, 2010

"I'm just beginning, the pens in my hand, ending unplanned..." Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten

Last night the hubby and I watched Julie & Julia. It was a cute movie. I identified with Julie quite a bit on the level of wanting to be a writer but being stuck in cubical hell, so her story was inspirational. I do enjoy cooking, but I am a bit too selective in my eating habits to give Julia Child's recipes a shot. She found something she could blog about, that she was passionate about. I'm going to attempt to follow her example.

Today turned out to be fabulous. I got a job interview lined up next week, and I put in an application for being a substitute teacher at my old high school. This still allows me time to do my lia sophia shows on the side as well.

So what makes a day 'fabulous'? To me, it's slowly waking up to the soft sunlight streaming around the edges and through the cracks of my off while curtains - instead of to an alarm blaring in my ear, startling me awake....
....The smell of toast and eggs first thing in the morning, coming from my own kitchen, and being able to eat at home, lounging in my pjs....
....Curling up on the couch with a new book, under a soft blanket, a mug of hot chocolate beside me on the table, begging me to take a drink as I'm lost in a world other than this one....
...Watching reruns of my favorite show and being able to laugh and cry as loudly as I want without my husband looking at me like I've lost my mind...
...Taking a brisk walk with my mother through the local park, the cool wind whipping around our faces, the chill of the coming snow in the air....
... knowing that tomorrow we are going to get (hopefully) the biggest snow east Tennessee has seen in 17 years, hoping for a blizzard just as I have every winter since I moved back from NorthEast Tennessee...
... having supper with my husband at our favorite Japanese/Chinese restaurant, being greeted by the servers who always ask us how our lives are going and know what we are going to order before we even sit down....
... coming home to watch a new and exciting Burn Notice with the lovely Michael Weston before winding down after what I am considering to be a fabulous day.

Of course, the fact I acquired an interview is also a contributing factor to the awesome-ness of my day.
:)

Also, some websites I find to be extremely useful-
www.imdb.com
www.experienceproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment