Thursday, June 3, 2010

"I Count the 101" - Albert Hammond, Jr.

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

Show Me Your Soul…

1. Give 5 ‘just because’ gifts (1/5)

☑2. Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone to find

☑3. Make a wedding photo book for Steven's parents

4. Surprise Steven with something nice once a month

5. Compliment 2 people every day for 4 months (0/120)

6. Convince Steven to read/listen to 10 books

7. Participate in 4 fundraisers (0/4)

8. Send Christmas cards to friends and family

9. Think positive things about people I don't like

10. Donate 100,000 grains of rice through FreeRice.com (8,100/100,000)

11. Leave 10 operation beautiful notes (0/10)

12. Inspire someone to make a 101/1001 list

13. Make eye contact with everyone I speak to in person

Seize Everything You Ever Wanted…

14. Re memorize 4 of the things I used to know (0/4)

15. Vacation in Deerfield Beach again Visit Savannah and Tybee again

16. Visit the Outer Banks Go on a Disney Cruise

17. Learn some Italian

18. Go to a drive in movie again

19. Re-learn how to knit

20. Sing in the shower more often

21. Learn 100 words in ASL

22. Be able to define the 100 words every high school graduate should know (0/100)

23. Make a list of things that make me happy

24. Create a passive income

25. List one positive thing about myself for 30 days (0/30)

26. Use the waffle maker we got for our wedding

☑27. Use the crock pot for meals

Risk Something, Take Back What’s Yours…

28. Clean the house every week for 4 months (0/12)

29. Organize my DVD collection

30. Shred bills from over 1 year ago

31. Move to Savannah, GA Get my Masters

32. Get a big girl job

☑33. Decide what to go to grad school for

☑34. Go through my clothes and get rid of 25 things I no longer wear

☑35. Go through the office and get rid of 25 things I no longer need

36. Make a chore list and stick to it

37. Host at least 3 family and friend Game Nights (0/3)

38. Plan grocery shopping trips around coupons and sales 4x (1/4)

39. Book at least two lia sophia shows per month (3/33)

40. Cook meals 3x a week for a month

Listen to the Money talk…

41. Pay off my car

42. Build my savings back up

43. Pay off 75% of my credit card debt (0/75)

44. Balance the checkbook by the 20th of every month

45. Pay off my tuition

The Rest is Still Unwritten…

☑46. Write a letter to myself to open in 1001 days

47. Take a self defense class

48. Showcase my writing more often to more people

49. Take singing lessons

50. Become CPR certified

51. Take dance lessons

52. Get licensed as a real estate agent Take a kickboxing class

53. Learn how to tell when someone is lying

54. Attempt to rid myself of anger and/or see a therapist

55. Answer at least one of the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind" every week (0/50)

I Could Write a Book…

56. Write a book

57. Finish reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series(17/845 pages)

58. Read 150 new books in a year (3/150) (0/150)

59. Review every book or movie I see/read (goodreads and the movie tracker)

60. Blog or journal at least once a week

61. Keep track of what i read on goodreads and what I watch on the movie tracker (find me: hizzle85)

62. Read all Jane Austen books I have not yet read(Sense and Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, Emma)

63. Write a list of 365 things I love about my husband

64. Participate in NaNoWriMo

65. Join or create a book and/or writing club

66. Write 1 hour a week for 6 months

67. Do 20 creative writing prompts(0/20)

68. Make a personal ranking of favorite books and movies

69. Read 75 of the 100 best novels listed here (36/75)

☑70. Make a custom recipe book from our favorite recipes

Let’s Get Physical…

71. Lose 50 pounds (4/50)

72. Run with Tiki 3x a week for 6 weeks (2/24)

☑73. Do a Zumba class

74. Do the 100 push up challenge

75. Start doing pilates again 4x a week for two months (32)

76. Finish the 30 day shred again Find a work out regimen I like and stick with it for 30 days or 10 weeks

77. Eat a good breakfast every day for a week

78. Drink 60 oz of water a day for three weeks

79. Complete the 200 squat challenge

80. Cut out fast food for one month

81. Stick to watching my WW points

If A Picture Paints a Thousand Words…

☑82. Order wedding prints and frame them

☑83. Make a photo album of honeymoon pictures

84. Print off old pictures and add them to albums

85. Become a confident photographer

86. Be in 101 photos and love them (0/101)

87. Finish Steven's scrapbook

88. Finish Wedding Scrapbook

89. Develop some PhotoShop skills

90. Complete the 100 snapshot challenge

It’s Time for a Good Time

91. See at least 4 plays a year

92. Hold one date night a week with Steven

93. Watch 101 movies I have not seen (3/101)

94. Finish Zelda on the Wii

95. Play my Wii twice a week

☑96. Get caught up on Degrassi

97. Replace the windshield in the RX-7

☑98. Get the RX-7 up and running

99. Finish putting subs in the Prelude

100. Play Guitar Hero

101. Complete an A-Z challenge (places)

102. Exchange 10 postcards on postcrossing (3/10)

103. Spend more time outside

104. Have professional pictures taken of the family

4 comments:

  1. I loveeee this idea!! I want it to do it but couldn't find enough things...

    Btw your blog is great! Just became a follower!

    Mine is www.nycislandgal.com
    Hope you like it and share the love by following me too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dropping in from 20SB. We are both Tennessee Bloggers. :)

    I also love this idea. I would do it myself but I just started another challenge of my own that will be too time-consuming to take this on too. Maybe next year!

    Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies! I appreciate it!
    I decided I needed some goals in life, instead of just wandering aimlessly!
    ps- im now following both of you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holley! I found your website through the Day Zero List group and decided to follow you on my RSS feed (I'm not sure "followers" show up that way.) I'm also just starting the challenge, and you can visit me on my personal website http://kimmysnewthing.blogspot.com/ to see my list or on my book review blog http://readersenchantment.blogspot.com/. Your list gave me a few ideas to add to my own, so thank you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete