Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Holley's Hobby Tuesday

I can't remember anything, my thoughts are constantly moving
Where will I be tomorrow? Where will I be next year?
I'll never put my finger on just what I wanted to say
My motivation changes when things turn out this way



Song of the day: Stolen From Some Great Writer by Spitalfield
Thoughts of the day:Still working on that positive outlook thing. So far so good, but it's only been a day. What better way to take it though? One day at a time right? Also, I love to imagine myself as someone else, living a different life... Maybe I should be an actress.

Holley's Hobby Tuesday



I'd like to begin this week's Hobby Tuesday with a conclusion I have made about my TV watching style.

Observation of the day: I think that if I have to like a show that is canceled, I'd rather know before hand.
Example: my recent obsession with Veronica Mars. I know that it is only 3 seasons going in. I like knowing that before I get wrapped up in the story. I feel prepared for the show to possibly have an open ending.

Opposite example: October Road. Was only on 2 seasons, and I didn't enjoy finding out that the show was canceled leaving such a freaking cliffhanger. I was actually quite upset and heartbroken when finding out the news that the show was canceled without us being able to find out who Sam's father was. I'm STILL pissed about that.


Alright on to the details!!

Books:
i went a bit crazy at the library yesterday, so here is my list that I checked out. Let me know if you've read any of them!

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist- Cohen&Levithan. This is my currently reading. I loved the movie, just thought it was so cute, so i decided to read the book. Because... the book is always better, right? So far so good.

Outlander- Gabaldon. I've heard great things about the series and decided to give it a shot.

Confessions of a Shopaholic- Kinsella. Yet another movie I thought was cute and decided to read the book! It's a series, too, so I'm excited to embark on that journey.

Fortune is a Woman- Adler. Elizabeth Adler is the one romance writer that I absolutely adore. She's so great! I love that she adds in a twist of mystery that is not the same plot in every story. I love that many of her books are about traveling to beautiful places like Tuscany, Malibu, Providence... I love them.

I checked out a bunch more but I'm going to hold off on listing those til next week.

Netflix

DVDs:

This week we have **Book of Eli** coming. We watched **Punisher: War Zone**. It was disappointing. I don't even want to think about that movie. Boooo!

Instant Queue:

So I am two episodes shy of watching the first season of Veronica Mars in like 4 days. I LOVE that show. Love. And Logan is a serious hottie. Oh, the good old high school days.


Also, I have a bunch of Mary Kate and Ashley movies lined up. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am just loving high school stuff right now. Weird.

Just to go back to Veronica Mars for a moment, there is apparently a huge push taking place for a Veronica Mars movie. If we can get enough people to show some support for the movie, maybe we will get one.
I had never even heard of the show until recently, and I love it. So if you haven't seen it, check it out, and support the push for a Veronica Mars Movie!

What's on your list this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I feel like there's more closure when you know going in that there's a definite episode limit to a series.

    On my last this week - I'm giving up on liking True Blood and thinking about starting Lost, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment!

    Bookwise, reading Tori Spelling's latest. I love Sophie Kinsella - I bet you'll love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun selections! Confessions of a Shopaholic is a great summer read! I haven't watched Veronica Mars, but you are getting me interested...

    Have a great weeekend!

    ReplyDelete