Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Holley's Hobby Tuesday

It seems like I spend my whole life runnin'
Runnin' away from what I couldn't be...
Down some endless road just south of nowhere
Always movin' but never really free


Song of the day:Glenn Frey - This way to Happiness
Thoughts of the day: I'm trying to find something that fills me up, whether it be a creative outlet, a new job, or a move to a new city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In order to encourage less spending in our household, I've been doing more entertaining of myself at home as opposed to going out in the evenings. So, these are ways I'm choosing to spend my time.

Welcome to the First Edition of...

Holley's Hobby Tuesday


Books:

Emma, by Jane Austen- I've been working on this book for longer than I planned, because I'm not enjoying it very much. But I'm going to finish it, dammit!!

Burned, by Ellen Hopkins- I've read a couple other books by her, and though they are an easy read, the stories tend to be hard to hear. Drug abuse always pulls at my heart, as I've lost a few friends because of it. She writes in an awesome style, though, so I recommend her books if you just like to read over all.

Frankenstein, by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley- Amazingly enough, I've never read this book. So I've decided I'm going to.

Sophie's Choice, by William Styron- I've heard great reviews of this book, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Netflix

DVDs:

We just finished **Three Kings** with George Clooney, Mark Whalberg and Ice Cube. I didn't like it at all.

Next up is **Punisher: War Zone**. We havent seen this yet, amazingly enough. Mostly because I hate when main characters are recast, and Thomas Jane is the Punisher in my mind, not this other guy. But I'm going to give it a shot, just to see how it is.

Instant Queue:

I have quite a few things in my instant queue that I want to watch. I watch most of these while Steven is at work, because I love my girly movies and high school sports/feel good movies, and he says not so much.

*Tuck Everlasting- Obviously I read this book when I was younger, but I'm nervous to watch the movie. I'm eyeing it, though, so I plan on seeing it this week.

*Bolt- I love cute kid movies. I'll have to watch this one with Steven though. Probably tonight.

*Lost In Austen- Goes well with what I'm reading this week, dontcha think? I'm apprehensive though, it is supposedly about a girl going back into the story and changing the chain of events, and I dont know if I will like that... Guess I'll just have to watch it and see!!


Have you seen any of these movies, or read any of these books? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)

    I never liked the Jane Austen books. I know so many people who looooove them, but to me they're dry. There, I said it. Something I've never admitted until now. lol

    But, I loved Nanny Diaries which I see is on your to-read bookshelf. Highly recommended! But the sequel, not so much. Grayer grown up is disturbing.

    HB~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read or watched a single one of these! I will definitely have to add them to my lists, especially Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea - I need to spend more time reading and less time spending money as well! Netflix is the best! We just watched Dear John, since I read the book - its cute and an easy read, if you are looking for something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a "Song of the day." And I love the title of your blog! So fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Following!

    ReplyDelete