Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 08. Sippin on some sweet tea, jammin to some tunes

when i see your face
theres not a thing that i would change
cuz you're amazing
just the way you are

and when you smile
the whole world stops and stares for a while
cuz girl you're amazing
just the way you are


Song of the Day:Just the way you are- Bruno Mars (LOVE this song!!)
Current Mood: Feeling pretty great today!!

I'm having a great Monday! I hope you all are too.

I got registered for the GRE last week, and I've been studying! That's a good thing, right?

I had quite an eventful weekend, but all I can remember is Saturday evening a tree limb fell onto the roof of our garage and took out our power. So that was nice. No one was hurt, nothing was hurt, and the electric company guys had it taken care of within a few hours. But it sure did scare me to death!

Friday of this week is the first meeting of my little book club. I'm looking forward to it. This month we read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.

Saturday is Steven's birthday!! And what we shall get into, I have no idea. But it's the big 25! I've got to come up with something relatively affordable.

Now on to Day 08.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

I don't really let people make my life hell, but as far as someone treating me like shit, well, I guess of all the jerks, I'll pick my ex, j.. He was the meanest person in the whole world! That may sound childish, but honestly, he showed a capacity for nasty a-hole behavior that I will never understand. It was an art for him, something he would preen and perfect. Have you ever read Othello? Well, J. was Iago. The most frightening part about him is that he isn't always mean. He will charm you and make you feel like he's a nice guy, but woah buddy, watch out, because his other personality is like a snake in the grass, poised to spring at any moment. I want to tell all his future conquests: Don't open up to him! He will shatter you like a glass window. Don't bother trying to find all the pieces when you try to put yourself back together, because you will never be the same again.

PSA: It is easier said than done to get out of a long term crappy relationship. Don't hate on girls who are in that situation, because unless you've been there, you have no idea what it's like. Ok- I'm hopping off that soap box now!

Are you excited for anything this week? What's going on in your world? Are you getting prepped for fall, or Halloween?

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your song of the day! i'm listenin to it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your little PSA. I use to not understand how girls could stay with a guy that treated them like shit but then I had my own experience with it.Its hard to get out of it because usualy the guys are soo nice and charm you for a while and then they let their true colors show and you already love them by then and are blind.

    SOrry that happened to you he sounds like an ass. Also that is crazy about the tree falling into your house but thats good they fixed it quickly

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from mingle monday! love your song of the day! and good for you for studying for the GRE! I totally just winged it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Saturday is my Steve's birthday too! That's so weird!! He's turning 26.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've visiting from Mingle Monday! I'm also a newlywed who isn't quite over the wedding bug - I still follow tons of wedding blogs (and write one - although it's now just recaps!) and sell wedding items in my etsy shop! Haha, yea, I'm definitely not over it.

    ReplyDelete