Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day!

So I hear Phil didn't see his shadow and that spring is coming! Yay! I, however, don't know if I believe it. I will welcome the spring with open arms when it gets here!
I've been working hard on my Day Zero Project, knocking some goals out of the water and changing some more goals!
It's the new year so I'm hoping to get back on the blog bandwagon.
I've got a new job that keeps me pretty busy, but I really enjoy it. Last year I did most of my blogging while I was at work, so I'll just have to figure out a new schedule.
And I might as well pick up where I left off on the 30 days of truth thing.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)

Dear Brad (3DD),
I have been through some serious drama in my life. Days where I didnt think I could face the world, or get through another day. Minutes that passed by like hours, praying that everything would just get a teensy weensy bit better. Begging to sleep all day just so I didnt have to be awake, thinking and drowning in pain. Searching for that light at the end of the tunnel, the light that would tell me I was almost to the other side, the side where things were better and life was good. Years I spent in this slump, and I wasn't alone, but I didnt have any one to help me out. I might as well have been alone, for all the help any one else was.
There was one song, though. One song that clicked with me, as i listened to every 3DD album I owned, over and over. Many of the songs spoke to me on a level that it seemed no one else could get to. No one I knew seemed to understand that I was lost in a maze that I just couldnt get out of. But this one song, it reached me. It grabbed my hand and lead me out of the dark, scary place i was in for so long. It wasnt like magic, and it didnt happen instantly, but there was something about that song that made me keep it on repeat sometimes, just to really listen to the lyrics. To really hear the message that the song was telling me. And finally, I began to hear it. The words came through the murky wall around me, slowly breaking through,until finally I heard them. Finally something could reach me and give me the one thing I was desperate to find. Hope.
So, Brad, Matt, Todd, Chris,and Greg, Thank you. You saved me. Thank you for saving me from myself.
Loyal Fan,
Holley


Song of the Day: The Real Life by 3 Doors Down

I wanted to find somewhere to hide
and I opened up and let those fears inside
and I wanted to be anyone else
only to find that there was no one there but me

but I woke up to the real life
and I realized It's not worth running from anymore
when there was nowhere left to hide I found out
that nothings real here but I won't stop now until I find a better part of me

I let those hard days get me down
and all the things I hate got in my way
I could've screamed without a sound
I found myself silenced by those things they say

but I woke up to the real life
and I realized It's not worth running from anymore
when there was nowhere left to hide I found out
that nothings real here but I won't stop now until I find a better part of me thats out there somewhere
and It cant be that far away
thats where I'll find myself
and I'll find my way out
that's where I'll find out

but I woke up to the real life
and I realized It's not worth running from anymore
when there was nowhere left to hide I found out
that nothings real here but I won't stop now until I find a better part of me

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure I believe in the Groundhog thing either. I have always said it depends on what the weather is like if he sees his shadow so that is dumb. lol. Just because it's crappy out today, that means spring will be here early? Doubt it. It rains a lot in spring anyway lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete