Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Hour! It's Friday!






I'm joining Where we Love is Home for the first time for her weekly Happy Hour. Want to join in? Check out the info here, or click the icon above.

This week has been crazy nuts for me and my husband. He has been completely covered with homework and school projects. I haven't, but because of how busy he has been, we haven't gotten to spend as much time together as we usually do. He didn't even get to watch Grey's Anatomy with me last night! {tragic}

But his being so busy gave me the opportunity to kick ass on my weight loss goals, as you can read about here. April is a new month, and I'm hoping to do just as well.

The best part about April is the way the day started. As I mentioned yesterday, I have been active with myfitnesspal, and I've joined an April challenge. According to that site, I've lost 10 pounds now, but in reality I've lost 12. And today I met my first mini goal!! So I'm happy about that. My rewards are new tennis shoes to help optimize my running and exercising, some new Aerie boyshorts, and some new body wash from Bath and Body Works. I'm going to indulge in some spending this weekend to obtain these items.

This weekend, in addition to spoiling myself a bit, my mom and I are volunteering to judge a homeschool high school speech and debate competition, which I think will be pretty fun.

What are your plans this weekend?? Do you have anything awesome going on in your life?

Song of the day: Buzzin'- Mann
"They come around like honey, cuz i'm fly like a bee"

Current Mood: Exceptionally Happy. It's Friday, the weather is sorta nice, and I met my first mini weight-loss goal. What's not to love?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your mini-goal! Go have some fun!!

    And btw, that high school speaking isn't forensics, is it? I did that in hs and LOVED it.

    <3
    aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on meeting your goal! I think you definitely have an excuse to go spoil yourself now :)

    Thanks for linking up today! I hope you're having a fantastic Friday!

    xoxoxo,
    Joelle
    www.wherewelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on meeting your goal!! i love the rewards you set out for yourself. keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on meeting your goal and HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on achieving your goal! Hope you enjoyed your weekend shopping!

    ReplyDelete