Thursday, April 21, 2011

What I'm Reading Wednesday on Thursday


What I’m Reading Wednesday



I have been reading like crazy lately! And I'm loving it! My house is not, however, because I'm reading when I should be doing things like cleaning.

Currently I'm reading:



So I finally read The Hunger Games. I had no idea how freaking AWESOME the book would be! If you haven't read it, go pick it up. Like, Now. Here is the synopsis from Goodreads

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


I give it ★★★★★ !!It's better than Twilight! Seriously. (Although, that isn't very hard) And since they will be making The Hunger Games trilogy into movies, I recommend you pick the books up ASAP so you will be ahead of the game next year when the movies come out.

I've read the second book as well, Catching Fire, and the third book, Mockingjay, is already waiting for me on my Nook.

I read the first two books in two sittings each. They are easy reads, but I tell you I was drawn in from page one. I finished both of these books at 2 or 3 in the morning. I just had to know what happened next. I'm making myself wait before I start Mockingjay, because I know I will devour it just like the other two, and I have 5 library books vying for my attention. Since they have deadlines, I'm going through them first!



Here are some other books I finished recently:

Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
★★★☆☆
This book was very well written! When I heard about this book, it took me a while to decide to read it. Circuses just arent that interesting to me. But Gruen made the story interesting. She made it enjoyable. Check out my review of the book here.

The Sherlockian - Graham Moore
★★★★☆

The Alchemyst - Michael Scott
★★★☆☆

Please Ignore Vera Dietz - A.S. King
★★★★☆

Foundation - Isaac Asimov
★★★☆☆

Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
★★★★☆


Do you have a goodreads account? If so, friend me! I get most of my recommendations from other readers in various places, and I'm interested in what you read! There is a link at the right side of my blog that will take you to my shelf.

What are you reading today?
Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you loved Hunger Games. I really don't know how you didn't read it sooner! I LOVE those books and so does my stepdaughter.

    ReplyDelete