Monday, May 2, 2011

What's With the Weather?!

Guess what I finally did?
I went camping with the husband. Yeah... it was something else.
I actually really enjoyed it, so don't let me fool you. It was hard and definitely a challenge for me. The hike to the campsite was just about 3.5 miles, and most of it was scaling a mountain. I can deal with the hiking, but its the whole sleeping and living outside thing that gets me nervous. But I survived, lived to tell the tale. Exciting huh?
It was a gorgeous weekend. The sun was shining, but the clouds were also out to give some shade now and then, and we had a good occasional breeze. We went out on Good Friday then came back the next day.

I'm glad we got to enjoy that weather before Mother Nature kicked us in the ass with a serious windstorm on Monday evening that split or uprooted many trees in our area, especially on the campus where i work. It was insane! We were in shock. Little did we know, it wasn't over. Tuesday passed without a hitch, but Wednesday- just wow. The tornado warnings started at 10am, and went on until 1am Thursday. Luckily we didn't get hit hard- compared to other areas in the path of the storm. My car has some hail dimples, but in the grand scheme of things that's nothing, and I feel so thankful that none of my friends and family were hurt or killed in the devastating storms that tore through.
I was scared, I'm not going to lie. I've never been so scared because of the weather in my life. My parents have some hail damage on their siding, and every window on the back of my in-laws' house busted out because of the hail. They also had some damage to their siding. It was bad, and it was scary, but we suffered no deaths in our area.

Such is Spring I suppose, but the weather has been so volatile this year I can't help but wonder what is going to happen for hurricane season!

No comments:

Post a Comment